Friday, March 14, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours

What a week! And I'm so glad it's over.

Just to recap the last seven days...

Last Thursday Isaac fell on the elliptical machine and got a goose egg on his head.

Friday I took Dylan to the doctor (after four long days, AND nights) to find out she had strep.

We dealt with the strep and crankiness all weekend.

Monday we took Easter pictures, then Isaac decided he wanted to dive into the toy box and split open his forehead. This, in turn, scared the daylights out of me.

Then last night Isaac woke up with a fever, and that continued to be the theme throughout the day. We took him to the doctor, and thankfully, no strep, but no other diagnosis either.

Poor Isaac. He's had one rough week. All day today he was so unhappy. He was so warm, he wasn't eating, wasn't sleeping, wasn't playing, and worst of all, wasn't smiling or laughing like he loves to do. He needed to be near me. If I got up and took two steps away from him, he would get up, start crying and follow me around until I either picked him up, or sat down so he could sit on my lap or right next to me. He was miserable.

I took a couple of shots of the kids throughout the day today. There isn't a lot of differences in any of the pictures because we basically did the same thing all day. They sat on our bed watching tv, and I got up occasionally to change the laundry.

I figure two good things came out of today though. First, I got 5 of my 8 loads of laundry done, and second... alright, maybe only one good thing.


1 comment:

Shanen said...

I hope he is feeling better today.