Sunday, March 23, 2008

Its only a laceration...

This post is going to be a little on the short side and I've got a guest typist (thanks Todd).

For the past three days I've had a splitting headache and yesterday morning I woke up with a bloodshot right eye. By the end of the day it hurt to keep my eye open. My brother-in-law (Austin) offered to give me a massage in hopes of relieving the pressure but I only discovered my eye hurt more.

Todd wanted to take me to see a doctor last night but I was able to convince him to let me sleep on it. It was a good thing too as he got called into work a few hours later.

Fast forward to this morning and I woke up to an eye that was matted shut. Todd called his mom to take care of the kids while we rushed off to Urgent Care.

Two hours and $50 later the doctor told me I probably had a small scratch on my eye. It sounds worse to say a lacerated eye so that is how Todd has been selling it. Some eye drops to prevent any infection or possible "pink eye" and we were off to celebrate Easter Sunday. My headache is still there, my eye still hurts and now I've got to put these stupid eye drops in every 4-6 hours.

At least if it doesn't heal up by Tuesday I'll have something to write about. Off to get some "shut eye" now. Tomorrow I'll write about the rest of our Easter celebrations but here is a quick preview. Trying to take pictures with only one eye is tough, it did happen but this preview goes to Todd.


1 comment:

Jamie C. said...

I guess the saying "when it rains it pours" really applies to your family. It's been one thing after another for you. I'm sos orry, I hope you're feeling better! Dylan looks SO cute, and I can't wait to see more pictures, but I have no idea what my i.d. and password is, can you e-mail it to me? I look forward to hearing about your Easter! Love you!