Last year the Kreipl family decided to have an Easter picnic dinner at the park the night before Easter. This way, everyone was free to see other family members on Easter Sunday, or free to do their own thing. We all had such a great time last year we decided to make it an annual event.
Today we met at the park at about 4pm and let the kids play while we finished getting dinner ready. It was such a beautiful afternoon and all the kids had a great time playing on the slides, in the sand, with the footballs and other various balls, and just running around like crazy people.
We even had a water balloon toss competition. Dylan didn't quite understand the concept. She didn't want to throw the balloon, she wanted to walk to me and hand it to me.
Today we met at the park at about 4pm and let the kids play while we finished getting dinner ready. It was such a beautiful afternoon and all the kids had a great time playing on the slides, in the sand, with the footballs and other various balls, and just running around like crazy people.
We even had a water balloon toss competition. Dylan didn't quite understand the concept. She didn't want to throw the balloon, she wanted to walk to me and hand it to me.
Dinner was fantastic as usual and I think between Todd and I we must have taken close to 500 pictures. That doesn't even include all the other cameras that everyone else was using to capture these fun moments on film.
We also had an Easter egg hunt for all the kids. After dinner was over the moms took the kids to Bryn's house and the dads stayed behind to hide the eggs. Each family brought about a dozen candy-filled eggs for their own kids. That way we knew exactly how many eggs each kid could find. Obviously for Isaac 12 was unnecessary so we only brought him 3. That was the right number. After he had two, one for each hand, he wasn't interested anymore. Dylan loved to find all of hers, and was disappointed when we told her she had found her 12 and needed to stop. I can't wait to see how she does tomorrow since this was only a trial run for her.
Here are a few shots of the afternoon. I could post so many more, but I thought these would have to do.
2 comments:
I knew I could count on you to have pictures up tonight...I'm so glad I checked! It looks like SO SO much fun! It's seeing pictures like the ballon toss picture that really make me sad about living away! Everyone looks so happy and like they are having the best time! I'm glad the kids loved it. Can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow. Happy Easter!
Yea...I will have to call because like always, I have NO IDEA what my password is to get on your site to see pictures.
Post a Comment