That's what Dylan named the frog. So original I know, but I don't think she quite understands that she can give it a name. You ask what her frog's name is and her response is either, "purple" or "ribbit." We'll go with Ribbit as his name. It works.
Today was no different than yesterday as far as the frog was concerned. Each meal was eaten next to the frog and even baby doll got to spend some time looking through the glass at the new addition to our household.
I thought it was so cute that she wanted baby doll to lean into the glass so she could get a good look at the frog. But, I had to draw the line when she wanted her doll to touch the frog. That was a disaster waiting to happen.
Today we also got a special treat. Todd's dad came to visit us from San Diego. All day long Dylan was looking forward to Pa coming to visit. She knew where his room was, and even picked out a chair for him in the theater. And even better than that, she took to him immediately. There was no "warm-up" time necessary. Once she woke up from her nap, she was giving Pa a hug and holding his hand while dragging him to the kitchen to show off her frog. See, everything goes back to the frog!
Pa brought special treats for the grandkids too. Grandma Nancy sent all the fixin's for a fun Easter basket for each of the kids. So, before they woke up, Greg and I set to work to make up the baskets so the kids would have treats.
Dylan zeroed in on them immediately. She wanted to see all the presents and wanted to know which one was hers. As soon as dinner was over she asked Pa for a treat and was happy to look inside and see all the fun things that were just for her.
Here are a couple of shots of Dylan and Isaac with their Easter baskets. Dylan wouldn't put hers down for the rest of the night. Thank you Grandma Nancy and Pa!
1 comment:
I love that she calls him Pa! What a fun time for her to spend with him!
Post a Comment