Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oranges

This weekend my grandparents were visiting from San Clemente, California for my nephews baby blessing. It was so great to see them both. My parents invited Todd, the kids and I over for dinner last night and we got to spend almost three hours exclusively with my grandparents. It was fantastic. I realized going over there that I have no pictures of Dylan with her grandma-great. I have so many of Dylan with her grandpa-great, but for some reason, not the other way around. Yet I have pictures of Isaac with his grandma-great. How did that ever happen?

Either way, my goal for the evening was to make sure we didn't leave without a picture of Dylan with each of her great-grandparents. Here are my two favorites.



As we left, grandpa handed me one of my most favorite things. An orange from their orange tree at home. During all the years that I played sports growing up, some of my favorite memories are of my grandparents coming to watch and cheer me on. But grandma never came empty handed. There was always a tupperware full of cut up oranges for me to eat between games. And how could I forget her tiny, little, plastic toothpicks she brought to eat them with? Well grandma still hasn't forgotten how much I love these oranges. They brought one for me, and one for each of the kids. Dylan was so excited she held it the whole way home, and picked out the spot to keep it in the refridgerator.

This morning we got up and ate one of those oranges. I wasn't sure how Isaac would do with it. Dylan loves fruit, but Isaac seems to eat anything BUT fruit. Luckily, after feeling them out (literally) he put them in his mouth.

I'm happy to say that both my kids take after their mom and love these homegrown California Oranges.

Here are a few pictures of their first orange from Grandma and Grandpa Great.

And this is my favorite picture of the day.

Check out the hair!

2 comments:

Bryn said...

I love that post! Your pictures are looking so good! I love the one of Isaac in the bath. He is definetly looking like a hunky little boy!

Jamie C. said...

Holy cow I love that picture with grandma and dylan! how adorable! ok, which bathroom gets all that natural light? i am so jealous...all our bathrooms have windows the size of a pillow, and then there is never any sun streaming in. i really can't wait to take bathtub pictures in a decent bathroom! Great great picture!