Friday, March 7, 2008

Just in the Nick of Time

It's 11:23pm. It's only Day 7. Those of you that were around for December know I'm not so good at posting every day. Luckily, I was reminded about my goals for this month.

Today was a busy day. We took Dylan to see the doctor because she was still running a fever. He checked her out and long story short, he's treating her for strep throat, even though her throat culture came back negative.

I think today was her worst day yet. She was so unhappy. She didn't want to eat, didn't want to sleep. Didn't sleep at all last night (therefore whiney and unhappy all day today) which meant I didn't sleep at all last night. And finally, my favorite and least favorite thing all at once...she wanted to be held, or comforted or constantly holding someones hand. And that someone was me. Only me. Now, don't think I'm this horrible mom. I love my kids. I love that they look to me to comfort them. I love that just by holding Dylan's hand she's comforted. But I also wish Todd could be the comforter on occasion. It's demanding when it can only be me. It certainly is a double-edged sword, but it's one I wouldn't trade.

Except at 3am when she needs someone to hold her hand to help her fall asleep.

I almost didn't get any pictures today either. Luckily Todd came home and snapped a few during one of Dylan's 30 minute catnaps. Then, we both took a few shots during bathtime.

Poor Dylan just thrashed and crashed on our bed today. During a four hour span she tossed and turned about 3 hours worth. Here are pictures of those precious 30 minutes.



And here are two quick shots of the kids in the bath. I only took one of the five pictures on this post, and I really think it might be my favorite. Can you guess which one is mine?

By the way, it's 11:38. Just in the nick of time.

No comments: