Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Slides and Sugar Cookies

With our first full day with Pa, we decided to make it a good one. We ate cinnamon rolls at the bar, then headed off to the park.

For the first time we basically let Isaac roam free. I'm a little surprised I let that happen considering his track record over the last two weeks (see here and here), but I thought it was a good way to get some fun shots of the kids, let Isaac play in the sand, and be able to focus on Dylan some also. I think we made the right call. Both the kids had so much fun and Isaac only bonked his head once. After a quick kiss and hug he was up and moving again like nothing had happened.

I'm not sure when it happened, but Dylan now loves the slide. And not just any slide, the tallest spiraling slide. I think it's great. She climbs up the ladder (not the steps) and goes to the highest point and slides down with the biggest smile on her face. Isaac even got in on the sliding action and went down once or twice himself.


We left the park and had lunch and ran some errands before it was nap time. While everyone slept I decided to try a new sugar cookie recipe that I found on a friend's blog, here. I made up the dough and put it in the fridge before baking the cookies just after dinner. I thought decorating some Easter sugar cookies would be a fun activity for Dylan and Pa. And everyone could reap the rewards. Again, it was a good call.

Dylan enjoyed adding sprinkles to the cookies Pa frosted, and Isaac enjoyed eating. Actually, we all did.

I think overall it was a good day with Pa and we'll be sorry to see him go tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shanen said...

That was a busy day...good for you guys. They look like they had a great time.

MomSmoo said...

she started going down the big slide when we were out there! However, she didn't do the ladder then.

Glad Isaac enjoyed the art too.