Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What Not to Wear

This post is actually kind of ironic. My sister, Shanen, posted an entry today titled, "What to Wear." I think that makes this entry just a little bit funny.

A few weeks ago I was at my sister Bryn's house for a girls night in. We were supposed to scrapbook or craft for a few hours and we never got around to it. We talked and looked at some magazines and ended up watching an episode of What Not to Wear. I've never seen this show before, but I knew Bryn liked it because the episode we watched was one she had TiVo'd.

As I watched this show for the first time, I came to a realization. I should be on it. Seriously. I should go on this show because the woman they were giving the makeover to, could have been me. There were only a few differences, and I don't think those differences necessarily worked in my favor.

1) She was a mother of three, not two.
2) She worked from home, but often had to meet clients.
and
3) She was 15 years older than me.

Now I think the first one is a wash. It shouldn't matter if you have two or three kids. The second one I think was bad for her. Wearing jeans and t-shirts, or sweats or capris to a business meeting is never a good thing. The third, I think is bad for me. I'm only 30 and there is no reason why I shouldn't be more fashion conscious. Other than the fact that I have NEVER been fashion conscious. I've tried to change my style, but I'm all about comfort. Always have been, probably always will be.

But does that mean comfort has to be sacrificed to be stylish? Probably not, but until I get my own makeover, have unlimited funds or have my own personal shopper, this is bound to be the way it is.

I came to another realization today.

Dylan needs the makeover more than I do.

Here is what my two year old pulled out of her drawers when she needed to get dressed:



Now, no matter what anyone says, I'm not THIS bad.

Just let me know when I can sign her up for What Not to Wear: Toddler Edition.

4 comments:

Bryn said...

How cute!! I love that she picks out her clothes even thought it probably makes you crazy! Just a word of advice if you ever get on "What Not to Wear" Stacy and CLinton (the hosts) will knock you over if you use the word "comfortable". Seriously, it's way taboo! :)

Jamie C. said...

So funny! That outfit is awesome! Dylans face is like porcelian, seriously so pretty.
And dito Bryn about the "comfortable" word. I can't believe you have never seen that show! I would totally be your personal shopper, I would love to go shopping and spend someone else's money for them! That sounds fun to me!

MomSmoo said...

you can't go on what not to wear because you are going to end up back in the same cloths you wear now. I tried for 2 years and might have gotten you into one or two outfits out of your current zone!

=)

Shanen said...

OK, shows you how retarded I am, I have never even heard of the show you are talking about. And comfortable...I don't know anything other than that. I am with you, about 5 years behind schedule. I have missed a ton of posts by the way, good job posting everyday. I hope you are feeling better and have a fun weekend.