Monday, March 3, 2008

Los Angeles Angels???

Who ever heard of the Los Angeles Angels? I know this has been their official name for the last year or so, but really, who was the brains behind calling a team from Orange County the Los Angeles Angels??

Either way, in Arizona we're lucky enough to have great weather in March. More importantly we're able to play host to 12 major league baseball teams for spring training. And in the next year or so, the Los Angeles Dodgers are moving here too.

We are so lucky that Todd has a three day weekend every weekend. I knew I wanted to get the kids to a spring training game, but after hearing about all the people there on Saturday, I also knew I wanted to go on a weekday. And not during spring break. That pretty much meant today was now or never.

What a great decision we made to go today! The weather was a wonderful 70 degrees with slight winds. We sat on the grass in the outfield with the sun shining on us and a breeze in our faces. It couldn't have been any better. We got there early thinking there would be a ton of people, and were pleasantly surprised to find there were only about 3,500. It was great. The kids had plenty of room in the grass and we didn't feel like we were right on top of anyone else.

We only stayed through the 5th inning and the Angels were beating the A's 3-1. Hopefully they were able to hold on and pull it out. Here is a family shot from the game, and another shot that I just loved.



I love seeing Todd talking to Dylan and Isaac about the game and how relaxed Dylan is on her blanket. She laid like that for most of the game.

No comments: