Thursday, March 6, 2008

Boys and Their Bruises

Most of you know that each week, Todd's mom, Diana, comes to watch the kids to give me a much needed break. I don't know if her weekly visits are more anticipated by the kids or by me. Or maybe even Diana. Regardless of who looks forward to it most, I know everyone enjoys themselves.

As you know, Dylan hasn't been feeling well the last few days and has only wanted to sit on the couch and watch movies. That's fine by Isaac because that means he has the run of the basement...and all the toys.

I came home today and Dylan was on the couch with Grandma D watching a movie and Isaac was napping. Dylan should have been doing the same but due to her not feeling well, I wasn't surprised she wasn't sleeping.

As I asked Diana how the kids were and was getting the update on the afternoon, Diana mentioned Isaac got roughed up a little by our elliptical machine. Isaac loves to crawl on this so I knew it was only a matter of time before he fell. I was warned that he had a bit of a goose egg on his forehead and that Isaac wanted nothing to do with an ice pack either. This certainly didn't prepare me for what I saw when he woke up from his nap.

I must say that even now, Isaac still won't let us get near his bump. I haven't even gotten to feel it. What is it with boys and their war wounds? They want to show them off, but heaven forbid you try to touch them.

Here's to hoping the swelling and bruising goes down before our Easter pictures on Monday!

3 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Not a good day to be 17 months old! I hope his head heals for pictures! I'm so sorry he's hurt. How's Dylan feeling?

Diana Dwyer said...

And it was on "My Watch"! Sniff...

MomSmoo said...

Remind me to show you all the pics of the boy's bruises. R is a walking bruise right now too! Luckily, they do grow out of it within a few months!