(Todd here with a quick one)
I am simply amazed at what my kids can do when left alone for a few minutes. Magic marker the wall, put stickers all over the toilet, no not bad things...amazed at the good things.
My three year old wakes up around 7:30 each morning and comes to the bedroom door. If we are still in bed she just turns and heads off to the kitchen. A few minutes later she comes back and says she needs help with breakfast. Following her back to the kitchen I see she has gotten out two place mats, two bibs, two granola bars, two juice cups from the fridge, a box of cereal from the pantry, a banana also from the fridge (split in two I might add with half on each plate). What do you need help with? Two things she quickly replies. First she can't get the cereal bowls down from the upper kitchen cabinets. Second she can't get her brother out of his crib and to the kitchen to eat while mommy and daddy sleep.
My two year old knows his freaking alphabet. Seriously. He doesn't pronounce everything perfectly but he has a chart on his wall that he goes over each night before bed. Thinking he just memorized the whole thing in order I jumped around pointing to the different letters and asking what each was. He got 6 out of 7 right and I think he called an "M" an "N" or something close like that. He also counts to 10. He can't put together a 3 or 4 word sentence but he can say his A B C's.
Shanen - I am working on it but reason 4,724 - because she is a great teacher.
1 comment:
Way to go Dylan! Hopefully, she always has that attitude!
Post a Comment