Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My wife is a chatty drunk...

Tonight was a funny but educational night. Tonight I got a glimpse of what my wife would be like drunk. Let me say it up front...thank goodness I don't have to experience this often. I've been married to her for a little over 5 years and to my knowledge she's never had a sip of alcohol in her life. Never in her life, I should clarify, until she met me.

Shortly after we started dating she had a horrible running nose and sinus one day so I gave her some NyQuil. Not the generic Fry's Foodstore brand but the real 100% brand that includes up to 10% alcohol. After her first sip I think she was out cold and sleeping by the time the cup hit the bathroom counter.

Fast forward until today. I spoke to her around two this afternoon and learned that she had been in bed all day with a sore throat and headache. I told her to stay in bed and I would take care of the kids after I got home until they went to bed. Nicole got up briefly while the kids went to bed but she got back into bed a short time later and continued to rest. At this point I think she had probably been in bed about 80% of the day.

So around 9:30 Nicole takes her first shot of NyQuil of the day. Unfortunately it kind of backfired because she had already been asleep for nearly 20 hours today so she really wasn't tired. She laid in bed with her eyes closed while I tried to work on a laptop next to her but the whole time wouldn't shut up. "Boy it looked windy today." "I love our kids." "What do you want to do for Easter." The questions and statements just kept coming in no real logical manner. The conversation would go from I think we should move to Flordia to the kids left chalk out in the backyard.

I called her a chatty drunk and she started to giggle. And giggle. And giggle. You don't have any idea how thankful I am that she doesn't drink.

1 comment:

Jamie C. said...

That made me laugh. TOdd you are very funny, and Nicole you should lay off the NyQuil! Very funny stuff!