Why three year old kids should not get markers unattended!
This afternoon Dylan asked from her doorway if quiet time was over. I told her it was and she could come lay with me in bed for a few minutes. As she was laying next to me, I noticed some black marker on her leg. I asked where it came from and she told me her book. I knew exactly what she was talking about.
I had ordered her a write and wipe book so she could practice writing her letters. I keep the book high out of reach for fear that she will use the marker on other surfaces. Apparently, my fear was very valid.
I asked where she got it and she said her Grandma D gave it to her. I called Grandma D, only to find out that Dylan had said she was allowed to have the book. Sneaky girl.
Needless to say, we'll be spending a good chunk of time trying to "erase" the dry erase marker from the walls and bookshelves.
Anyone have any suggestions?
6 comments:
OH YEAH PUDGIE DID THIS TOO. ALL OVER MY ENTIRE DOWNSTAIRS.. AND I AM NOT KIDDING. I WISH I COULD TELL YOU WHAT MONTH IT WAS BUT I TOOK PICTURES.
OK... YELLOW DISENFECTING WINDEX AND THE MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER. OURS WAS PERM. SHARPIE MARKER AND IT CAME RIGHT OFF.
IF YOU WANT TO HUNT I AM THINKING IT WAS LIKE OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR. AND I AM SERIOUS WHEN I SAY IT WAS ON CABINETS, ALL MY APPLIANCES, NEW LEATHER NIKE SHOES, CARPET, RUGS, CHAIRS, STAIR RAILS, EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
OK I HAD TO GO BACK AND SEARCH FOR MY OWN SANITY... AUGUST 7TH...
IT IS TITLED
THE FAMOUS "IT"
HAVE A GOOD LAUGH BECAUSE YOURS IS CAKE COMPARED TO MY TASMANIAN DEVIL!!!!
Oh no!!! One of my biggest fears besides cutting their own hair! I don't have any magic ideas on how to get that out, but I'm sure I'll have to come to you one day for the answer. Lets cross our fingers! Good luck!
P.S It feels like forever since I've seen you! Let's get the kids together to play. Anytime works for us
I was going to suggest the magic eraser too. let us know if it works. what a little sneaky girl that dylan!
Yep, the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers works wonders over here too. I'm sure you have tried it by now, did it work?
So is this what you meant when you said, "It gets easier?!?!" : )
Post a Comment