Last night at dinner it was Isaac's turn to say the prayer. He needs some help with his prayers so he usually just repeats after me. He's starting to get it, so there are times when I just need to give him a little reminder word and he remembers what to say next.
As we were closing the prayer, he got stuck with the words. I quietly said "in" to him to get him going again. He repeated the worn "in" and followed it up with "o, p, q, r, s" before I caught on to what was happening. Instead of continuing with "in the name..." he continued with the letters of the alphabet.
Obviously, we've been working long and hard on the alphabet with Isaac and when I said "in" it sounded enough like "n" that he thought he was supposed to finish the alphabet. It was all I could do not to start laughing in the middle of the prayer. We got back on track though and he finished the prayer. Todd and I looked at each other, shook our heads and just laughed.
Man I love this kid.
1 comment:
Such a cute story! I love moments like that! Can't wait to see your little man!
Post a Comment