Sunday, July 29, 2007

Paranoid...

I have often said that I think T is paranoid. I understand where it stems from in his line of work, but I also think he takes it too far. It's taken months of discussion and pleading on my part to convince him that starting a blog about the family wouldn't be a bad thing. When he finally caved, I was so excited. We've talked about my postings and he's enjoyed reading them for the most part.

If you've stopped by in the last few days, you may have noticed that the postings have changed some. T came home and told me that he really didn't like the idea of using names in my posts. I, of course thought immediately that he's just being paranoid, again, but to avoid any type of debate, said okay and made the changes to all previous posts. My only complaint afterward was that it's difficult to distinguish between T and I (me) or T and I (our son). But, the changes were made and I assumed that would be the end of it.

If you're reading this post now, it's because you've gotten my invitation.

Part of the reason I wanted to start a blog is because it's amazing how to network with old friends through the system. From my sister's blog I was able to find blogs from so many people we grew up with. It's like a better, cleaner version of myspace.com. I've enjoyed reading about past friends lives and where they are now and their kids and what they're doing. I was hoping through my own blog I would find more of these friends from growing up, friends from high and college and so forth. Plus, I wanted a place where I could write what was on my mind. Whether it was good, bad, or ugly. I was hoping mostly good, but let's face it, there is usually plenty of bad material you can choose from too.

Either way, T still wasn't happy with the change. He wanted to move the blog into our password protected website, but I really didn't like that idea. It would have required an extra step of logging in every time someone wanted to read the blog, and if by chance, someone was able to network around to find my blog, they wouldn't have access to it.

So this is where we are. I've made the blog invite only, and there is only an additional step once. Which, if you're reading this, means you've already taken that extra step and I appreciate it. If you didn't get an invitation and were new to the blog, you needed to make a request to view it and chances are, again, if you're here, I approved you.

I'm hoping making this change will make T happy and it will be a compromise; anyone who knows the two of us, knows neither of us are great at compromising, but I'm trying here and I hope he'll be willing to meet me halfway. If not, chances are this blog will be a goner because I'm really not a fan of putting it on the website.

2 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Now I feel all paranoid! Man, I hope T doesn't think I'm terrible for not having a password! Don't tell me if he does, I'll feel like the worst mother in the world!

Anonymous said...

I think I said you were a lucky girl right???? I love seeing the kids grow up and change. Need to see more pictures of the little boy of the family right Dad!!!
xoxxo, MOM