Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Intuitive...

So my last entry was about how paranoid Todd is. I still stand by that entry, but today I thought I would write about how intuitive he can be too. For the last week, Todd has been working quite a bit. Some has been overtime calls he's needed to help with, and some has been off-duty he has signed up for. Either way, it has kept him from home more than usual. I realize that Todd can (and does) get called away occasionally, it just seemed like it happened more often this last week. It's tough on him I know, but it's tough at home too.

Todd works great hours and is usually home about the time the kids wake up from their naps. The evenings are always the hardest with the kids. I don't know if it's because they're tired (although, why, I'm not sure. They sleep so much!) or if it's just because they miss their dad, but the evenings are the hardest for me. When Todd's not home to help, it's that much worse. I always seem to get through it (you have to, right?) but when Todd gets home, he can see how tired I am and that's usually an indication as to how the kids were.

Well, today he made up for being gone so much lately.

He called at 9am today to tell me that a babysitter would be here in 45 minutes. I needed to be dressed and ready to go so I could meet him where I was told. My dad showed up at 9:45 and Todd told me to meet him for a really early lunch, and then we were going to see Harry Potter. I really needed that.

How great is it that Todd realized I needed a break, and some quality time with him, so he took an extended lunch to spend a few hours with me. Yes, he had to go back to work afterward (and probably work late again because of it) but I'm so grateful that he could see that I needed the break and he made the effort to give me that.

It's times like these that remind me just how lucky I am to have married such a wonderful, intuitive man.

No comments: