After Todd's post showing off Dylan's photography skills I had a comment or two asking about the orange bedroom. I realized then that I never posted pictures of Dylan's bedroom makeover.
I'm not going to go into all the details, but I'll post some before and after pictures of her room because I want her first room documented here. My baby girl, is now a big girl, and has the room to prove it.
When we found out I was having a girl, I was very adamant about not having a pink room. It was not an option, and thankfully, Todd felt the same way. We decided that yellow was a perfect choice, and realized early on that both Todd and I had yellow gingham in our rooms when we were young. So, yellow it was. We found gingham bedding for her crib and started to come up with ideas for her nursery. My sister came over to help me stencil the walls and the centers of the flowers was my only allowance of pink in Dylan's room. I loved how her walls turned out! We hung a blanket my grandmother had made for me when I was born (that my mom gave to me at my baby shower. I had never seen it before.) and we also had Todd's baby blanket from his early days. Yellow gingham! We hung it over the rocking chair and it just tied in so perfectly.
the fun flowers on her walls
my grandmothers quilt on the wall
I loved Dylan's room, but knew once she grew out of her crib that it was time for a change. Todd wanted to keep the flowers because we had spent so much time on the walls, but I was ready for something new. I still didn't want pink, but I started leaning toward pink, purple and turquoise. I also wondered what Dylan would choose if I asked her. I asked her what color she wanted her walls painted and she immediately said orange.
What???
What???
Dylan wanted orange walls and there was nothing I could do or say to change her mind. So the quest began. I started looking for bedding and color combinations. It was not an easy process. But, I was thrilled when I asked her for another color and she said blue. Apparently my early brainwashing of all things Gator was coming through and my girl wanted an orange and blue bedroom.
We ended up with this...
say goodbye yellow, hello bright orange
add in a strip of turquoise...
some bright, floral bedding (with some pink!)
and this is what you get...
Dylan loves her new room, and I love the colors. I think my favorite part are the fun flowers we have hanging in front of her window. And her $3 school desk. It was a great purchase and she loves to sit and do her puzzles each day at her desk.
I love the brightness of her room, and am really sad that last night she started talking about moving her bed downstairs to the basement. That would mean starting over again with her room and I'm so not ready to do that. I think we'll keep her upstairs for just a while longer.
4 comments:
I haven't even seen this! It's adorable! I am itching to redo the boys rooms, but that would mean that Wyatt would be out of a crib and that ain't happening! :) It looks great! And I love the entertainment center downstairs too. That's fun!!
Isn't it amazing how a little paint can really change the way a room feels? It was fun to see Dylan's fun & happy "new" room. It looks great!
I tagged you on my "OH NO" post on my blog. Take a peek when you have minute for the details. It should be fun! Hope you're doing well! Are you reading "Uglies" for Book Club yet? It's strange and oddly entertaining!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER ROOM. I AM SUCH A HUGE FAN OF ORANGE AND TURQUOISE BUT MY HOUSE DOES NOT ALLOW FOR THE TURQUOISE... JUST TONS OF ORANGE.
SO CREATIVE. I LOVE THE $3 DESK. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A PERFECTLY SUITED BARGAIN!
I LOVE SEEING PICTURES OF HOW YOU DECORATE!!!
And what exactly is so wrong with a pink room? :)
I love the orange! And the flowers hanging by the window. That desk reminds me of how badly I need to ship shape the old one in my garage from our St. Louis days. Dylan's looks great!
Post a Comment