When I started this blog a year and a half ago, I promised myself I would never use it to complain about my husband (because let's face it, we all have complaints now and again, and I've read blogs that are nothing but complaints). I think I've done a great job of keeping that promise. I may complain about the kids a time or two, but I think that's more about the trials of having two toddlers. But that's neither here nor there.
When I made this promise, I also decided I would try hard not to embarrass anyone. Unless it was me. I'm fair game.
Unfortunately, I just can't let this one go.
Sorry honey.
I should start by mentioning that Todd talks in his sleep. He denies it, but he does. I honestly wish I had tape recorders next to the bed so I could have proof for him. But I don't, so he continues to deny, deny, deny.
Last night we were laying in bed and he was on the computer while I was watching tv. He turned the computer off to go to sleep before my program was over. I decided to finish watching then get to bed as well.
Seriously, only about 3 minutes had passed before I knew Todd was out cold. Deep, steady breathing and total relaxation. That's how tired he was. I continued watching my show for a few more minutes when all of a sudden Todd is up on his elbow and swatting at mid-air. Hysterically swatting at mid-air.
I just sat and watched. It was so funny. Finally he stopped and looked at me. I asked him what the problem was and he simply said, "bad dream, nightmare actually."
I asked what about and he proceeded to tell me that he was playing a board game and whatever square you landed on, you had to eat something gross.
He landed on grasshoppers.
I was dying. So funny. He told me it wasn't funny and they were BIG grasshoppers. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. And I think I may have snorted a time or two. He couldn't believe I was laughing at him, and even asked me to stop shaking the bed I was laughing so hard. To add insult to injury, I even wrote it all down so I wouldn't forget and I would be able to share it here with all of you.
Only Todd would have a nightmare about having to eat grasshoppers. He's such a picky eater there are a thousand things that would have been a nightmare to eat for him.
I can't imagine what it would have been like if he had to eat broccoli!
Love you sweetie, but I just couldn't resist.
3 comments:
I had to hand the laptop over to mom because I thought this was the funniest story ever. Super hilarious! Be sure to share future nightmare stories about broccoli.
That's great! Now... how can I work this into everyday conversation? I'll work on that.....
Nice, very nice. I think you definitely have some bargaining chips here. Does Todd remember any of that when he wakes up?
Post a Comment