Monday, August 27, 2007

Isaac is 9 months old!

Can you believe it? I feel like he's just getting so big! But, I must say, that just isn't true. So many people have said how huge he is, and that he's just a fatso and that he's a tank. And for sure, I agreed. But the dr. confirmed today that it isn't the case at all.

We learned at his appointment that he is well under the 50% mark for all measurements. ALL of them. He even lost weight from his 6 month appointment. Granted, he is definitely more mobile now, but regardless, he's trimmer and slimmer than he was just 3 short months ago.

In the last few days Isaac has started to learn to do so much more. He sits up on his own now (not an easy feat with all that weight) and he learned how to pull himself onto his knees in his crib. The crib didn't get lowered until the following night and Isaac figured out in one short day that if he screamed enough during nap time, I would run in and get him because I worried that he would fall out.

Isaac is even moving around quite a bit. Dylan is learning that she has to move her toys to higher ground or else Isaac will get them and they'll end up in his mouth. The upside: she's also learned that if she wants what he has, she can give him anything else as a substitute and she can take back what she wants.

Here are his new numbers: 27 3/4" long (only growing a 1/2"), 18 lbs. 4 oz. (6 ounces lighter) and a head circumference of 44" (that's only growing a 1/4 inch). Not to shabby for our little guy. Either way, he's right on target as far as his development is concerned. And the dr. even said he can start eating almost anything now.

It looks like we're one step closer to putting away the bottles and baby food...almost.

3 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Gwen's 9 month stuff was sitting right here in the cedar chest next to the computer, so I thought it would be fun to take a look at her numbers compared to Isaac. Height: 27in
Weight: 17 lbs. 8 oz
Head: 45.9
Pretty close in everything...but you know, big heads run in the family...THE CHIARA FAMILY. Cute pictures, wish we could see you guys more!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the big guy is slimming down!!
I thought he looked like it.
What a cute boy!!
Send me some pictures by email so I can put them up.

MomSmoo said...

Oh my! I agree, he looks much bigger than that. I can't believe R weighs more than he does.

Glad things are going well for all of you.

XOXO