Thursday, August 9, 2007

Senior Moments Already?

When I started this blog, I promised myself I would never discuss the times Todd makes me angry (because, of course, he does occasionally) and I promised I would never write anything that would embarrass him.

Those promises barely lasted a month. But don't worry, I asked if this one was okay to write about.

Last night Todd asked if there was anything I wanted to do before he left today for San Francisco. He will be gone until late tomorrow night so he wanted to get out and do something. With two small kids, there's not a lot to go out and do, but we decided ice cream sounded like a good treat. After dinner we all loaded into the car, went to McDonald's and ate our ice cream. Even Isaac loved the ice cream we gave him. After we were done, we loaded back into the car to go home so we could put the kids to bed.

On the way Isaac was extremely fussy. This just isn't like him. I turned around to check on him and noticed he had spit up some (This is so typical for him. The kid is like a fountain!). After cleaning off his chin with a rag I turned back around in my seat and see Todd holding his hand up and leaning over the steering wheel. I also noticed there was something white all over his hand, the wheel and his clothes. My first thought was how in the heck could Isaac (who sits facing the rear of the car, behind the driver seat) possibly have projectile vomited over his head and Todd's head all over the dash??

Wrong assumption on my part.

I then realized it was Todd who had lost his vanilla ice cream. After overcoming my shock I asked if he was okay, to which I got a nod, and then I asked what happened. His laughing response?

Senior moment!!

We both laughed about it the entire way home, and I was sad I didn't have my camera to add visuals to this post. Todd certainly wasn't sick, but definitely lost his ice cream.

This worries me though. Todd's only 32, waaayyy to young to have senior moments. But if that's truly the case, I can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

MomSmoo said...

Wait -- WHAT happened??? Must tell me more. Anything embarassing to T is a must read! =)