(Todd here complaining...)
So I've been married to Nicole for nearly five years and today she pulls out this little bit of knowledge that just makes me say, "You've got to be kidding me." This post is about music so I'll give a little background that I've learned in these five years. Nicole listens to or has listened to most types of music. Rap, Country, Pop, Musicals, whatever. I think at one point or another I've heard Nicole listening to most types of music on the car radio or at home. One genre I can't say my little church going wife listens to often is Rock and Roll or Classic Rock.
While sitting in Wendy's (fast food restaurant) for lunch with Nicole and the kids the classic station was playing over the speakers in the dining room. A song originally released in October of 1978 (I had to look it up) came over the speakers with the popular chorus repeating "Bicycle, Bicycle," over and over again.
I smiled recognizing the song and thinking there was no way Nicole had ever heard it before. One might say she was originally released earlier the same year the song came out! I quickly blurbed out, "A frosty if you can tell me who sings this."
Now if you haven't looked ahead and seen the link below do you have any idea what song it was, let alone who sings it?
Without any hesitation Nicole answers, "Queen," while giving me a smirk. "You've got to be kidding me," I thought but was in such shock I don't think I was able to actually say it out loud. Nicole just sat there continuing to smile until I handed over the necessary cash to buy the frosty.
I later found out Nicole borrowed her brother-in-laws Queen Greatest Hits CD after hearing about them from the movie Wayne's World in 1992. Note to anyone who hasn't seen Wayne's World, the song Bicycle is not even in it. She listened to the whole CD while looking for Bohemian Rhapsody and remembered the Bicycle song. My wife the secret Queen Fan. I need to stop betting.
1 comment:
Yes, stop betting! Before you even said it was regarding music, I was thinking of the little "secret" Joe claims I kept from him. He swears that as we were driving away from the temple after we got married I turned straight to the country station and started singing along. He though the same thing, "are you kidding me, you like country music?" Anyway, Dwain is responsible for a lot of sister-in-laws musical knowledge...for me it's all the Gun's-n-Roses songs.
Post a Comment