Thursday, November 13, 2008

Contact Sports

Yesterday I was at my sister Shanen's house canning apples with Shanen and Jennifer. We had four huge boxes of apples and we made apple pie filling, applesauce and dehydrated apples. It was a long morning, but we had great results.

When we were finally done for the afternoon I sat on the couch and had a conversation with my 7 year old niece. I don't remember how we got on the topic, but she rolled up her jeans to show me a massive bruise she had on her knee. Her left kneecap was one big bruise and there was a scrape just above the knee.

I asked what had happened, expecting to hear about some incident during a soccer game. She then informed me that she got it at running club. I was shocked and tried to stifle my laugh. As I was chuckling, I sarcastically told her that I didn't know running was a contact sport. She just looked at me and said she fell. Simple enough.

I continued to laugh to myself as I thought about this conversation and how cross country running was not supposed to inflict bruises.

Then I woke up today. I sat down with the laptop and immediately felt pain. How can that be? Pain. Lots of pain.

I looked at my left arm where the pain was stemming from, and found this:





Apparently making applesauce is a contact sport too.

1 comment:

Shanen said...

I'm right there with ya sista!!It's just my left arm, but I have some swelling to go along with it. I couldn't even hold the blender tonight then I was trying to make my pie.