Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Best Seat in the House

Or at least Isaac's favorite seat.

Usually each morning I get the kids up, get them dressed and feed them breakfast. After this routine is over, I can finally get in the shower. Now, I know that a lot of moms out there get themselves ready before their kids even wake up. But I've also learned that my kids wake up anytime from 6 am to 9 am. I'm certainly not going to wake up at 5 to shower and get dressed in the hopes that my kids wake up at 6. And let's be honest, I don't ever hope they wake up at 6.

Therefore it's really difficult to judge what time I should wake up, so I end up sleeping until they wake me up.

Now, back to that morning routine. After breakfast is over and the kitchen and kids are clean, it's time for me to get going. This means one of two things can happen. The kids are either left to roam free in the basement or the upstairs of the house, or I lock them in my room so I can keep them somewhat contained. More times than not, they end up locked in my room with some sort of cartoon on the television.

Usually the kids keep themselves occupied with the program on the screen and will rarely move as I take my 3 minute shower. And yes, it really is only three minutes long. But, there are those times when standing next to the bed is not Isaac's place of choice. He has found his favorite seat and I've found him here on plenty of morning occasions. It's the perfect size for him and it must be comfortable because he's there often.

Here he is on three different occasions, just so you know that it really is his favorite spot.






1 comment:

Jamie C. said...

love him. it is perfect and super cozy looking. your little man's almost 2! crazy!