First off Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Nicole left this morning at 3:45am to wait in line with the rest of the world. The rest of us slept in until she returned shortly after 8:00 (having hit 3 different stores and purchasing items for 7-8 people). Just like the Army, Nicole accomplished more before 8:00am then most people will accomplish all day. This concluded the list of "to-do" items for Nicole for the day however my list hadn't even started yet.
After breakfast the kids were playing in the front room so I started on my list. Item #1 - Set up X-Mas tree. Of course the kids crowded around and got in the way so it was no easy task (yes I should have known better). It got to the point of frustration that I put the kids in Dylan's room and shut the door.
Ten minutes later the X-Mas tree was up and ready to be decorated (that falls back on Nicole's list for tomorrow though). I went back to Dylan's room and asked if they wanted to see the X-Mas tree. Screams and several small footsteps later they were in the front room screaming excitement about X-Mas.
I asked, "Do you guys like it?" Dylan immediately stopped and replied while pointing to the top and bottom of the tree, "Wait, we are missing a star and presents!" If it helps she only thought we needed four presents under the tree - one for her, one for mommy & daddy and two for Isaac. Lucky boy.
1 comment:
How sweet is it that your hubby blogs. Mine reads everyone's and comments but would never actually write a blog... unless something bad happened.
thanks for chatting with me this morning while waiting at Target and Wal Mart! I miss the days when my sis would come out with me!!!
Oh, and I won't tell anyone their presents!! :)
Post a Comment