We were supposed to be beach bums in June. It didn't happen. Todd was so busy with work, getting certified and traveling to training classes, it just didn't work out. I was starting to get restless.
It's hot here. I mean, really hot. Everyone, at some point during the summer deserves a reprieve from the heat. I decided that ours had to be now, because if it wasn't, Todd was going to leave again for who knew how long. It was now or never, and I demanded now. Luckily, Chateau de Bailey was available and the four of us were able to sneak over to San Diego for a quick five-day getaway.
We left Thursday morning right after Dylan's last swim lesson (more on that later), and made it to Pa and Grandma Nancy's house just in time for a wonderful dinner. We spent the evening catching up and letting the kids enjoy the freedom from the car seats. Then the highlight of the night (and each night)....the bathtub. Dylan and Isaac loved to take baths in Grandma Nancy's big tub. It's big enough for Dylan to swim laps, and at times I think she tried. At least five times a day Dylan asked if she could take a bath. And at least four of those times I had to tell her no.
We woke up Friday morning and drove up to San Clemente to see my grandparents. It was great to see them and the kids enjoyed seeing their grandma and grandpa great. We had a nice lunch, spent time visiting and took some pictures. We left to return home in the early afternoon so the kids could get a nap in. I think everyone needed one because I think all of us slept at some point throughout the afternoon. That evening we had another wonderful home-cooked meal and once again offered Nancy a nanny/chef position in our home. I just don't think she's quite ready to give up her job yet. I even tried to convince her by telling her she didn't have to nanny. I'd be completely happy if she just made us her wonderful meals. Mmmmm, to cook like that...
It's hot here. I mean, really hot. Everyone, at some point during the summer deserves a reprieve from the heat. I decided that ours had to be now, because if it wasn't, Todd was going to leave again for who knew how long. It was now or never, and I demanded now. Luckily, Chateau de Bailey was available and the four of us were able to sneak over to San Diego for a quick five-day getaway.
We left Thursday morning right after Dylan's last swim lesson (more on that later), and made it to Pa and Grandma Nancy's house just in time for a wonderful dinner. We spent the evening catching up and letting the kids enjoy the freedom from the car seats. Then the highlight of the night (and each night)....the bathtub. Dylan and Isaac loved to take baths in Grandma Nancy's big tub. It's big enough for Dylan to swim laps, and at times I think she tried. At least five times a day Dylan asked if she could take a bath. And at least four of those times I had to tell her no.
We woke up Friday morning and drove up to San Clemente to see my grandparents. It was great to see them and the kids enjoyed seeing their grandma and grandpa great. We had a nice lunch, spent time visiting and took some pictures. We left to return home in the early afternoon so the kids could get a nap in. I think everyone needed one because I think all of us slept at some point throughout the afternoon. That evening we had another wonderful home-cooked meal and once again offered Nancy a nanny/chef position in our home. I just don't think she's quite ready to give up her job yet. I even tried to convince her by telling her she didn't have to nanny. I'd be completely happy if she just made us her wonderful meals. Mmmmm, to cook like that...
On Saturday we woke up and everyone went to have breakfast. The four of us, plus Grandma Nancy went to the zoo for the morning. We arrive right at nine and spent all morning seeing the animals. We didn't rush any of the exhibits, and didn't see them all either, but we had so much fun with the animals we did see. (Remind me to tell you about our giraffe encounter.) After the zoo we went back to the house to have some lunch, and again more naps. Greg and Nancy had a work celebration to attend that evening so Todd and I took the kids to see Grandma and Grandpa-Great Loss. Todd got to play handyman on something other than a computer and the kids ran around in the wonderful grassy area outside of the condo. It was a beautiful evening to be outside and the kids took every advantage of the great weather.
Sunday was a girls day and Nancy and I took Dylan shopping for school. Unfortunately it was an unsuccessful trip, but I think we all had fun. That afternoon Nancy and I went for mani/pedis and it was nice and relaxing to do something without the kids. Again another great dinner and of course, baths for the kids.
We woke up Monday for our return trip home and dreaded arriving in the 100+ degree heat. I think I'm going to have to put my foot down again real soon and have us make another trip to the wonderful Chateau.
2 comments:
LOVE all the pictures!! The one with the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's is so precious, and then you and the kids with Todd's grandma is adorable!! Sounds like a great trip!
I love seeing all the pictures! It soulds like such a great weekend! Dylana and Isaac are getting so big! They're both so adorable!
Post a Comment