Well I should have known. And if I didn't know, I should have at least guessed.
When Todd told me he was disappointed with my blogging frequency, I should have realized he would take over. And wouldn't you know it, right when he starts to blog (often) I have plenty I want to write about.
That's just how life goes I guess.
And of course, because I had so many things I wanted to post about, and felt that I needed to wait a day or two before doing so, I've now forgotten some of those things.
I guess I'll just have to write about the one thing that is foremost in the front of my mind right now.
ABBA.
Yup, right now, the one thing that is taking up most of my daily thoughts is ABBA. And the reason for thinking, and singing those ABBA thoughts is this:
That's right. Mamma Mia the movie starts this Friday. Holy cow, I can not wait! I've seen the broadway show three times and love it. I just can't believe they're turning it into a movie.
For the last week I've been obsessed with the release of this movie. And poor Todd hasn't stood a chance. One night we were channel surfing and I made him stop on VH1. They were airing a show called 10 Most Excellent Things: Mamma Mia!
Can it get any better than that? A full half hour of television dedicated to this movie. They listed the top 10 things about the movie, and I only caught the last four. Luckily, it's VH1 and it replays often. I found another airing and recorded it. How fantastic!
I highly recommend trying to find it for yourself. If you don't know if you want to see the movie, this will convince you.
But my top three reasons to see the movie...
1. Meryl Streep singing and dancing.
2. The music.
and
3. The lead actress, Amanda Seyfried was on my all time favorite show...Veronica Mars. She played Veronica's best friend Lily Kane.
It just doesn't get any better than that.
I sure do hope Todd and I are able to see it on Friday night. Time to go find a babysitter.

3 comments:
Get a babysitter!
Yea good for you. I have seen the previews a bunch lately also and in my head I keep wondering if it will just even be as good as the musical. But then again, maybe the music will make it all worth it.
Nicole!
I am SO SO with you!!! I saw the broadway show too and LOVED it!!! I have been obsessed with abba since I was a teenager, even though it definately was not a cool thing in 1995! But me and my sister pauline used to dress up and pretend to be agnetha and freda (see we know the names!) It was a very difficult task to find flares back then, so me and my sister would cut out triangles and add them into our jeans!! (yep we were complete GEEKS!!) I just love abba with all my heart!! and cant wait to see the movie on friday!!!!
Post a Comment