As I was walking up my driveway after work today I noticed the shades in Dylan's room were a little messed up. It actually looked like World War III had gone off inside the room as everything appeared to have been thrown around and mixed up. Of course I only had a small view through the "crack" in the blinds but I could see kitchen hot pads, diapers, a wave (noise) machine and some of Dylan's clothes on the window sill and floor.
Some background info before I get too much further...a few weeks ago Nicole brought out some purple paint and a little wooden stool late one night. I had no idea what she was doing but after all was said and done I am quite impressed with what she made:

This is Dylan's "stool." It is placed on the ground next to the bed to help Dylan get into and out of bed each day. Following common sense the stool is generally found next to the bed:
As I entered Dylan's room to wake her up from her nap I found the stool had been strategically moved...
World War III hadn't happened inside the room. Dylan had just gotten bored during nap time so she moved the stool over to look outside the window (she apparently also made a trip to the kitchen for a hot pad, climbed up on her changing table to unplug and move the wave machine and removed all of her clothes from the dirty clothes basket in her closet.) You can notice the bottom picture shows the blinds pulled back so Dylan could stand up and rest her elbows on the window sill.
It's a big world out there and I think Dylan is starting to get curious. How long until she decides to explore? Should we just weld the windows closed now and put more dead bolts on the door? She already figured out how to open the first one! Thumbs up to Nicole for making me turn on the automatic alarm chime whenever a door is opened.
No comments:
Post a Comment