Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Water Day and A Pool Day in the Same Week!

And this one is all Todd.

After spending a great weekend in the mountains with my parents and the kids I came home feeling less than super. Actually, I felt pretty lousy. I warned Todd Sunday night that I was going to spend Monday and Tuesday in bed and not get out. I was only teasing when I said it, but lo and behold we got home Monday afternoon, I climbed in bed, and didn't resurface until last night. I had no idea what a cold could do to a body. My goodness. I slept the rest of the day Monday and thankfully Todd had Tuesday off as well.

What a sweetheart! He took care of the kids the entire time. They occasionally came in to say hello, but other than that, I slept and rested. He came into the room at about 10am on Tuesday to tell me he was taking the kids over to his mom's house....to go swimming. What?

Grandma D wanted to take the kids in the pool and it was a great reason to get them all out of the house and let me have some peace and quiet. And not only that, Todd took the camera with him to capture these shots of the kids playing in the pool for the first time (of many) this summer.




Thanks Todd for keeping the kids, and taking an extra day off work yesterday so I could continue on my road to recovery.

4 comments:

Bryn said...

Fun! Dylan is loving it! How cute is Isaac sitting on the step? You may not have noticed, but Dax has a little spot for Isaac in his heart. Whenever we talk about you guys he is so excited about Isaac. He may not pay much attention to him when he's around, but he really LOVES him. How can we all not?

Shanen said...

Those are cute pictures. Todd taking them to the pool??hmmm he may just get in the water one of these days himself!!! well, maybe.

I'll call later, are you feeling any better today?

Jamie C. said...

what a perfect pool, all shady in the corner for cute Isaac and his pots and pans! Dylan looks like she may not hate the water like her parents afterall! So cute!

Alli grins said...

I feel like the worst friend! Sorry I didn't even ask how you were feeling at Book Club on Tuesday night. I was worried about you! Sleep always helps (and so do a supportive husband and happy kids!)