Friday, June 13, 2008

My Little Chatterbox - Updated -


Dylan has been so talkative lately. Actually, if I'm honest, she's been real talkative for quite some time, but lately, she's had a few favorite sayings that I just love. I wanted to make sure I wrote down a few of them before she either stops saying them, or they're no longer cute so I'm tired of hearing them.

Whenever Dylan wants something (and it's always needs, never wants) she says, "Mom, I need juice." We're trying to teach her to say, "Mom, I would like some juice, please." So far, we're getting, "Mom, I need juice, please." about 50% of the time. I can handle the needs, as long as there is a please attached to it.

When Dylan is impatient for something, such as a movie to come on, or a snack or juice, she always asks over and over and over again. These are my favorite two things she says...

First, if she's in the middle of asking and I get her whatever it is she needs at that time, she stops in the middle of her request and says, "Nevermiinnnnd." It's so funny to me.

Second, if she's constantly asking for what she needs and I tell her to be patient she tells me, "Brelax, brelax, brelax" with her arm held out to me. Not my favorite thing to hear my two and half year old telling me to "brelax" but it's hilarious because Todd and I both say the same thing...and it's usually to her!

Whether during the day for quiet time, or at night as she's going to sleep, if she hears Isaac crying in his room, Dylan will sit right at the door and talk to him. I can hear her telling him "it's okay" and "you'll be alright" and "don't cry sweet boy. "

One more thing that I love to hear her say is "stop talking." It is so funny. If she's upset about something or we don't listen to her fast enough, we get a finger pointing at us and Dylan yelling, "stop talking mommy" or "stop talking daddy." I know it shouldn't be funny, but it's just hilarious!

These are just a few of the things I love to hear her say because I know they won't last long. I'm sure I'll have many of these posts in the future as she starts adding to her Dylanisms.

--UPDATE --

Todd just reminded me of another favorite we love to hear. We've been trying to explain to Dylan that asking for things is much easier than demanding them. This also applies to Isaac. It's much easier for her to ask Isaac for a toy back as opposed to throwing a fit and crying. If she asks him for a toy back, he usually just hands it to her. After we show her this, we tell her "see, it's much easier." Now, whenever we try to tell her something and she does it right, or do the same for Isaac, she promptly responds, "see, it's easier, huh?" I love it!


And just to not be outdone, Isaac has added "up" and "Dylan" to his repertoire. At least his own version of Dylan. It's so funny to me the order in which he learns his words. What child learns "thank you" and "cookie" before "mama" and "dada?" (He does know those words now though too.)

2 comments:

Jamie C. said...

I'm your first stalker...I'm so lucky! That was such a cute post. I love the way kids say things. I remember Gabs saying "needs" all the time, and it didn't sit well with me either. Now I get, "mom. may, can I please have some more milk please, mommy." It's my favorite! And my total favorate, which she has been saying forever, is when she wants to be carried she says, "mom I want to hold you" Good mom for writing these down, I can't wait to read more!

Bryn said...

Okay, what a great idea to have these written down. I need to do a post like this too. I love the adorable little things kids say. I love that she doesn't stop talking!