And don't forget the Cruise Ship!
This last week was amazing. Simply amazing. For Christmas my parents gave each of us girls and our spouses a trip. We didn't know when or where, we just knew that some time in the next two years, we'd go on a trip. Just the adults, no kids allowed. Three of us (and spouses) were able to make it work this year, and it just so happened that high on each of our lists of itinerary choices was an Alaskan cruise.
So, we went.
We set sail on Mother's Day and cruised to Alaska and Victoria, BC for seven days. What a great trip. It was the first cruise for all the guys and we were sure they'd love it. And I think we were right. At least, when asked, they all said they'd go on another one. To me, that means success.
We visited Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway, AK and also Victoria. We had two days at sea and we cruised up Tracy Arm to take in the gorgeous scenery. We ate, and ate, and ate some more. And when we weren't doing that we played cards on the ship. In port we took a walking tour of the rainforest in Ketchikan, took a train in Skagway, and unfortunately had to find alternate entertainment in Juneau. Todd and I were supposed to take a helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier but the weather wasn't good so our trip was cancelled. I was disappointed as it was the one thing I'd wanted to do since day 1, but I'd much rather have it cancelled and get a refund than go up and not get to see anything due to bad weather.
It ended up being one of my favorite days. Todd and I spent it together as everyone else in our group decided to canoe to the glacier. We walked and shopped in the rain, found a tour bus to take us to the glacier anyway and had dinner alone. It was a nice day to spend with just each other.
I didn't want to bombard anyone with tons of pictures (because let's face it, you know we took them) but I wanted to share just some of the pictures of Todd and I out and about. There are also two group shots. I'm sure you'll see more of Josh and Shanen and Jamie and Joe on their respective blogs so I didn't want to use any of their choices for pictures. So here is just a tiny glimpse of all the fun we had.
This last week was amazing. Simply amazing. For Christmas my parents gave each of us girls and our spouses a trip. We didn't know when or where, we just knew that some time in the next two years, we'd go on a trip. Just the adults, no kids allowed. Three of us (and spouses) were able to make it work this year, and it just so happened that high on each of our lists of itinerary choices was an Alaskan cruise.
So, we went.
We set sail on Mother's Day and cruised to Alaska and Victoria, BC for seven days. What a great trip. It was the first cruise for all the guys and we were sure they'd love it. And I think we were right. At least, when asked, they all said they'd go on another one. To me, that means success.
We visited Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway, AK and also Victoria. We had two days at sea and we cruised up Tracy Arm to take in the gorgeous scenery. We ate, and ate, and ate some more. And when we weren't doing that we played cards on the ship. In port we took a walking tour of the rainforest in Ketchikan, took a train in Skagway, and unfortunately had to find alternate entertainment in Juneau. Todd and I were supposed to take a helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier but the weather wasn't good so our trip was cancelled. I was disappointed as it was the one thing I'd wanted to do since day 1, but I'd much rather have it cancelled and get a refund than go up and not get to see anything due to bad weather.
It ended up being one of my favorite days. Todd and I spent it together as everyone else in our group decided to canoe to the glacier. We walked and shopped in the rain, found a tour bus to take us to the glacier anyway and had dinner alone. It was a nice day to spend with just each other.
I didn't want to bombard anyone with tons of pictures (because let's face it, you know we took them) but I wanted to share just some of the pictures of Todd and I out and about. There are also two group shots. I'm sure you'll see more of Josh and Shanen and Jamie and Joe on their respective blogs so I didn't want to use any of their choices for pictures. So here is just a tiny glimpse of all the fun we had.
Thanks mom and dad for a great trip and for all the wonderful memories we created!

3 comments:
It really was the best trip ever! I'm so glad you guys went and even came a few days early to keep me company. I loved your comment, I'm glad that's all you can think about..."Ice berg, right ahead." I hope you at least caught my little joke on my post...Todd, that ones for you! :)
What a wonderful trip with lots of memories. I love how you do your posts with scrapbook looking pictures. Now we are home, back to reality.
I am so homesick right now! I can't wait to see more of your pics. And I'm really bummed out you didn't get to do "my" helicopter trip up to the glacier. Oh well. Juneau is a cute little town, isn't it? And you saw it in typical weather. Remind me to tell you where I lived in Juneau now that you've been there. You just might even know where I'm talking about :). You cruised right past it on your way into port.
Welcome home :).
Katie
Post a Comment