Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's Never Too Late...

I suppose this should have been posted about a month ago, but December posts typically revolved around our daily holiday activities. So, here I am, one month later, posting about a fun conversation Todd and I had with Dylan.

Whenever we are in the car and Dylan sees Todd or I on our cell phones, she likes to hold them and play with them when we are done. There have been several occasions when we have dialed someone up so Dylan could say hello also. This particular night Todd had just finished a call and Dylan asked for the phone. After locking the keypad (what a great invention that was!) Todd passed his phone to the back seat. Dylan opened the phone, dialed a few numbers and put the phone to her ear. Todd turned to ask her who she was talking to, and this is what followed:

T: Dylan are you talking to someone?
D: Uh huh.
T: Dylan who are you calling?
D: A boy.

A long pause as Todd and I look at each other thinking she is way too young to be talking to boys..and on a cell phone to boot. She doesn't need that kind of attachment at two!

This is what we hear next:

D: Hello, daddy?

Phew. What a relief.

3 comments:

Jamie C. said...

What a cute little girl calling her daddy! Todd better enjoy it...he only has a few more years! :)

Bryn said...

How cute! Hopefully he'll be the only one she wants to marry too...at least for the next lot of years!!

MomSmoo said...

Please don't tell B that. You will kick his Baby Girl Fever into overdrive!!