There is nothing like hearing your child tell you they love you without being prompted.
That's what happened this morning when I was changing Dylan's diaper. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, I love you." I was so shocked I asked her what she said. She repeated it again and my heart just broke.
For so long we would tell Dylan we loved her and she would just shake her head yes. Or we would have her repeat after us to say "I love you." Today it was all her.
Can 2008 get any better than that?
3 comments:
oh, I just love that! What a sweet girl. Happy new year.
We're still waiting for Dax to utter those words. He has "I _____" and can say someone's name but he has never said love. Yeah for Dylan. I can't wait!
That is sweet. That is such a great feeling as a mom to hear those words. How is everyone feeling?
Post a Comment