Thursday, January 10, 2008

4 Years!

Today is our anniversary.

I won't go into all the mushy stuff, because in reality I'm not a mushy person. But I'm so thankful my husband found me! And yes, he really did find me.

He's a great man, a wonderful father, and a terrific husband. Who can ask for anything better? Who knew that four and a half years ago, when I opened an e-mail my life would change??

Here's a quick timeline of a few of the highlights over the last four-plus years:

  • June 9, 2003 -- Todd sent me his first e-mail
  • June 13, 2003 -- Todd and I met for the first time
  • June 24, 2003 -- Our first "official" date to a D-backs game...and we caught a foul ball
  • Oct. 18, 2003 -- We got engaged...after a day of looking at wedding sites. Cart before the horse anyone???
  • Oct. 28, 2003 -- The offer on our house was accepted. We're homeowners!
  • January 10, 2004 -- We get married at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale
  • May 2004 -- We finally take our honeymoon to Ireland
  • January 18, 2005 -- I tell Todd we're having a baby...on his birthday!
  • September 12, 2005 -- Dylan Marie Bailey is born
  • April 18, 2006 -- I e-mail Todd a picture of a positive pregnancy test...we're having another baby!
  • November 25, 2006 -- William Isaac Bailey is born
  • January 10, 2008 -- Thankfully, it was a quiet night away from the kids and an enjoyable dinner.

What a fun few years. And some hectic ones. I can't believe in four short years we've met, gotten married, had two kids and bought a house. Seems unreal, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Todd, I love you so much and can't wait to see what the next four, fourteen and forty years bring.

1 comment:

Jamie C. said...

LOve the timeline, good for you for writing all those dates down. We love your family and think you two are perfect for eachother. happy anniversary! Love you!