Alright, so my intentions were good. I really had planned on a post a day. But coming up with topics that are somewhat interesting is tough. I had a total brain block all weekend and couldn't come up with anything enlightening. I'm still not sure I have a great topic today, so it will just be a quick post to tell you about my favorite things that happened today.
Dylan, Isaac and I are now spending our days downstairs. This allows for the kids to roam free and play with all their toys and for me to do some digital scrapping in my office, or play with them. I'm trying to choose to play with them more often.
I love to watch Dylan play with her brother. She has so much patience with him and doesn't even get upset when he encroaches on her territory. There were a few precious moments that I wish I had my camera for today, but unfortunately I didn't.
Dylan sat on the floor and read a story to Isaac. Actually it was more, pressing the buttons so the music would play, but regardless, Dylan went and found the book and sat on the floor next to him and turned the pages while pressing the appropriate keys. I loved watching them "read" this story together.
Later, Isaac was on my lap and Dylan came to sit beside me on the couch. She scooted real close, leaned over and gave Isaac a kiss on the head, then put her arm around him the way I always put my arm around her. It was a priceless moment to be sitting with both my children so close and have my daughter show such affection for her brother.
Lastly was tonight. Again, we were playing in Dylan's room and Isaac was a little fussy. Dylan went and grabbed a musical toy, sat down right in front of Isaac, kissed his head and said "sshhh Isaac, it's okay" and proceeded to show him how to play with the toy. They must have played like that for 10 minutes.
I sat in the rocking chair watching them, and wondered how in the world I got so lucky.
2 comments:
That is so precious! I love watching Dax play when he doesn't think I'm around. You must be such a great example for her to treat Isaac that way! They are so cute!
How sweet big sisters are! Dylan seems so tenderhearted and in love with Isaac. Gabs does the same thing when Gwen is sad, but for some reason this morning, Gabriella thought that her shoe would be the "toy" to give Gwen to make her happy. She was totally sincere with it though. I love those moments, I'm glad you posted about them!
Post a Comment