Tuesday, October 2, 2007

31 for 21

I have to say I found this idea on Whit's blog, but I did know that October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month.

A few months ago Whit called to tell me one of her oldest friends had a little girl with Downs. It was totally unexpected and obviously, a huge shock. Then on Sunday Todd and I found out that friends of ours are expecting their third child in March and their little girl will have Downs as well. Again, a shock, but this time they will be emotionally and mentally prepared to bring this beautiful girl into the world.

So, what is 31 for 21?

The idea is to blog every day for the next 31 days to try to bring more awareness for Downs Syndrome, and Trisomy 21 to be exact, to anyone and everyone we can.

I'm not sure I can do this because I don't have a lot of excess blogging material to use, so I'm going to need your help. Add a comment and leave me some topics to cover. Ask questions you'd like me to answer or anything else I can blog about.

This is the goal, let's hope I can reach it. For more information, you can go here.

1 comment:

Jamie C. said...

Sorry Nic! I've totally been slacking as a blogging friend who leaves comments! I love you're new table, and I hope Dylan has been staying in her crib! Gabs only need to fall out once to never try it again! Ok, so here's a few blogging ideas:
-what do you feed your kids for breakfast and lunch, because I'm running out of ideas.
-what do you listen to in the car?
-(this is taken from a blog i saw somewhere) what we you doing 10 years ago, 5 years ago, a year ago, last night?
-what's your biggest pet peeve? (oh that's a good one, I might post about that!)
-um, I'm running out of ideas off the top of my head...soooo, what's the most annoying show to you that you let Dylan watch?

Hope I see some post real soon! Love you!