Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Go, Go, Go"

Those were the words coming out of my tear-stained daughters mouth when we went to see the dentist.

Most of you know Dylan had a little accident in California a few weeks ago and jammed her teeth up into her gums. Yesterday was the follow-up appointment with her local dentist.

I think Dylan has a sixth sense. The minute we walked in the door her whole attitude changed. She just stood in the middle of the room and didn't move. I talked to her and got no response, the receptionist tried, and nothing. The hygenist tried, and she stood stock still in the middle of the entrance. I finally had to pick her up and carry her into the back room.

The minute she saw the dentists chair, she started crying and whining and pointing at the door saying "Go, go, go!" It broke my heart.

It turned into a very familiar visit. Again she sat on my lap, again she screamed and fought, and again I had to hold her down so the dentist could get inside her mouth. Thankfully he was quick and the fact that she was screaming made her mouth open nice and wide for him.

The prognosis was good, sort of. I shouldn't say that. It was good, but her two front teeth are gray and the dentist told us that they could either lighten up or darken. That helps, doesn't it? He also said that it looked like one had dropped a little bit back into place, that we still weren't out of the woods regarding them needing to be pulled and that she could finally go back to eating her normal, everyday foods. Yeah!!!

Poor Dylan hated this visit and it was such a fast one. I wonder what's going to happen in three weeks when she goes in for her first cleaning!

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Bryn said...

Well, if she is anything like her mom, she will be home free when it comes to needing braces! :)

Jamie C. said...

I hope her teeth get to the lighter side and not darker side. I'm glad that she can eat normal food now, or at least give normal food to Michael judging from you last post! So cute!