Is there anyone else out there that has lost their husband to fantasy football? Todd is playing with some co-workers, which is awesome, except for the fact that the kids and I become completely invisible to him from 8 a.m. Sunday morning until about 10 p.m. Monday night.
When he is in the room with us, he either has his laptop out checking scores (scores of his Fantasy team, his opponents Fantasy team, other co-workers Fantasy scores, current game scores, and scores of games that have already ended) or he's running into his office to check the scores.
If we are in the car, he is checking scores, listening to games on the radio or reading the numerous text messages his co-workers are sending him. Don't ask me how many texts he gets between Sunday morning and Monday night.
Add to that, he's even starting to re-adjust his work schedule so he can attend Monday Night Football parties with the guys. And have I even started to mention all of the side bets??? My goodness. What started as a simple $20 per person pot has turned into a miniature Vegas venture. I can't tell you how many different bets there are each week. Lucky for us these bets are usually for a soda, but sometimes someone bets a little large and offers up lunch. Of course, Todd is undefeated, has a huge head and will take any bet offered. Anyone have a number for Gambler's Anonymous?
Any other wife out there feeling my pain? On the bright side, he tries telling me that football season is almost over. I'm not a sports idiot, so I know he's full of it. Doesn't he know that??
So, here's to a very short fantasy football season!
2 comments:
LOL, I love "I'm not a sports idiot, so I know he's full of it" That's funny! Sorry, I can't relate to fantasy football, but Joe needs the number to Cougar Annonymous...it's BYU or die in this household!
Josh isn't into the fantasy football either, but I am certainly a widow on Saturday nights. It least you have date nights a few times a month. Go ASU
Post a Comment