He speaks.
You may scoff and say, "no way," but, Isaac speaks.
During our stay in California a few weeks ago Isaac started to wave bye bye. Or hello. Whenever grandma or I would wave, Isaac would respond with a wave in return. It was so cute to watch him get excited as he learned this new trick. Todd didn't believe us for a day or two, but then he saw Isaac in action and decided that my mom and I weren't crazy after all.
As his waving has improved (he now has more control over his movements) he's also started to say "bye, bye." Dylan waves "bye, bye" to Isaac whenever she walks away from him and she always accompanies the wave with the words "bye, bye." At night when we tell Dylan to say goodnight to her brother, she wave, says "night, night" followed by "bye, bye." And Isaac waves and says "bye, bye" back to her. The first time or two I didn't believe it, and thought I must be imagining things but last night, Todd heard it too. He looked at me and wondered if Isaac said "bye, bye" and I knew I wasn't making things up. Isaac says "bye, bye" to Dylan.
He might have said "mama" yesterday, and I thought maybe he said it today, but I know that Isaac's first word is "bye" and it's reserved only for his big sister.
2 comments:
don't you just LOVE the interaction between siblings!
Holy cow if that is true you might just have a smart smart boy on your hands. Where are the rest of your daily logs?? Is everything ok over there?
Post a Comment