With all the things that happened today, I think I could probably make up for all the days I missed writing this month. Isn't it funny how that works? In one day I probably have about 5 things I could write about. Don't get excited though, I'm saving all of them but one for the future.
Here's the biggest thing that happened today, but certainly not the best. Our kitchen cabinets came in! Oh, you didn't know we ordered kitchen cabinets? We are adding some cabinets and a countertop upstairs in our kitchen where our entertainment center used to be. Now you wonder where the entertainment center went, right? Well, that's now downstairs. I know, I need to get pictures posted, and I will, eventually.
So back to our cabinets. I was so excited that they got here so fast, until we opened them. When we ordered our cabinets we took an existing door with us so we could match the color correctly. The man who placed the order at Home Depot said this was the closest and put in the order. Once the order is placed, the installation company comes out to take final measurements just to make sure everything will fit. He came out last Monday and mentioned that the color ordered wasn't really a close match for what our existing cabinets looked like. When we called Home Depot to discuss it, we were told that our order was already boxed up ready to be shipped and it was too late to make any changes. Huh??? How does that work? The order is done and ready to ship before the actual measurement takes place? That made no sense. We were told to wait and see and hopefully it would be close because our cabinet color actually fell between the color ordered and another color.
They got here today and it is way off. I mean waaay off. Todd took in our cabinet door again and a door from the new order and talked to some people at Home Depot. We're hoping to get the order replaced and fixed with the new color, but we're waiting to hear back from Home Depot to find out if that's possible. They can't just swap out the doors (which is what was offered to us) because then the rest of the cabinets would be off and it would look worse. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow that they will take care of it for us, otherwise, I'm going to be none to pleased.
Here is a picture of the old and new cabinet. The old one is on the left and the new is on the right. Can you see the difference??
3 comments:
Oh my gosh....not even close. They better do something about it!! BUt how exciting that you are getting them.
sorry -- that stinks.
Oh and when you have 5 things to write about -- write them, save them as a draft and then post later -- I will let you know how to post date things if you need that.
No fun! I do have to admit, it doesn't look quite as bad in person, but I know you were pretty bummed! YUCK!
Post a Comment