Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dylan's Party...The Final Birthday Post

Since I have so many other things I'd like to highlight here, I thought I'd better go in chronological order. This post will highlight Dylan's family birthday party and her birthday celebration at school. I promise, not a lot of words, but quite a few pictures. Besides, don't they say a picture is worth a thousand words? After a few of my last posts, I thought it best to remember that this time.

As I said earlier, Dylan's only request for her birthday was a pink cake with strawberries and candles. At one point she mentioned flowers too, so this is what I came up with...



Dylan helped me mix the batter for her cake, and enjoyed licking the spatula when we were done. We popped the cake in the oven and off she went to quiet time. Once the cake was baked and cooled, Todd and I frosted the cake with white frosting and proceeded to frost twinkies with strawberry frosting. We weren't sure how much it looked like a flower (I think all the twinkies should have been in half instead of just some...hindsight is 20/20) but Dylan saw her cake before her party and immediately said it was a flower! Woohoo!

Most of her cousins were here and so was our neighbor. We sang, ate cake and ice cream, then proceeded to unwrap the mountain of presents she had accumulated.







Dylan had some great help opening her gifts, and was pleased with all of them. There was so much chaos that I'm not sure how much excitement she actually showed that evening, but trust me, she remembered every single thing she received and has asked about each of them on any given day. Kobi and Kylee were great helpers and even covered her eyes when Todd and I gave Dylan her gift. Needless to say, I wondered if she would appreciate our gift but as soon as she saw the cradle, she ran from the kitchen to her bedroom and retrieved her baby doll, ran back to the kitchen and immediately put baby doll into the cradle and proceeded to rock her the rest of the evening. I'm happy to know she liked her cradle!







On Monday we set off for school with some frosted sugar cookies so Dylan could celebrate her birthday with her classmates. I was able to get to school in time to snap a few photos of Dylan in her birthday crown and eating the cookies we brought. Her teacher, Miss Sarah had even put a sign in the front yard recognizing the day. Of course, I had to get a picture of the birthday girl with her sign too.





Finally, the birthday celebration is complete, and we can all move on to other topics.

Coming up next...a post all about Isaac! The poor boy has taken a backseat recently, and I have just the post for him!

3 comments:

DEANNA said...

So sweet. I don't even know her but I feel like I was there! I love how sweet Kylee is with the little ones. She is always so good with my Pudgie... Even when he is not being so good!!!

Shanen said...

How cute that they had that board out at school for her. Has she had her cradle back yet? Cute girl, she is growing up.

Cheryl said...

you are such a fun mom to do all that with your kids! Thanks for your help today. It is times like this that I truly know we have the best neighborhood in the world and could NEVER leave! You had better not either! Also... I figured out how to do what katie did her her blog list! It is a new gadget. When you click to add a gadget, it is the first one on the list.