I'm not really sure if Filiberto's is one of my dad's favorite restaurants, but I know that he has called Todd and I on any given day, at any given time, wondering if there was a Filiberto's nearby wherever he happened to be. And let's be real, we NEVER knew. I have to admit that I have never even been to a Filiberto's, but my dad swears by their breakfast burritos, and I'd heard from several members of the family that their rolled tacos were good too. But again, I'd never been there.
So last month, right after they opened, the four of us met my parents on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. That was fun enough, but added to that, their tacos were only $1. I think the 6 of us ordered 15 tacos. It was so much fun. And they were so good. And for the first time, neither Todd nor I really cared about the mess the kids made. Okay, that might be a little bit of a stretch, but we did decide that we'd give each of the kids their own taco and see how it went.
Ha. It was hilarious to watch them try to figure out the best, and easiest, way to eat a taco.
Here's Isaac with the taco in front of him. He wasn't to thrilled with the shredded lettuce, but oddly enough, he loves salads...
Finally after removing most of the lettuce, Isaac decided he was ready to give it a try.

I think he was a little unhappy with the taste in his mouth, because all he was biting into was the shell. So, he decided to take matters into his own hands, and...

flipped his taco over to eat it bottom side up!
As you can imagine, eating a taco from the bottom up isn't the most efficient, clean or best way to eat a taco, so Isaac ended up eating most of his taco from a pile on his plate.

As you can imagine, eating a taco from the bottom up isn't the most efficient, clean or best way to eat a taco, so Isaac ended up eating most of his taco from a pile on his plate.
He didn't seem to mind though. He continued to pick at the meat and cheese and ate most of his taco.

Unfortunately you can't see his almost-empty plate, but he did enjoy his first taco. And to top it all off, Filiberto's was giving away free churros too. Score!
We've only been back to Filiberto's once since then, and I've been once by myself, but I think we'll be eating their more often. After all, Tuesdays and "Taco Tuesdays" and that means tacos are only $1.50 each. You can't beat that!
We've only been back to Filiberto's once since then, and I've been once by myself, but I think we'll be eating their more often. After all, Tuesdays and "Taco Tuesdays" and that means tacos are only $1.50 each. You can't beat that!
1 comment:
Dad was just talking about that place to us in California. Sounds delicious! Cute Isaac!
Post a Comment