Friday, September 12, 2008

All About Dylan Part 3

It's lunch time today, which means more cupcakes. Such fun! We had cupcakes and cheese and fruit and crackers. Of course, the cupcakes were the first to go, but the rest was eaten as well. Is our lunch considered a well-balanced meal??? I doubt it, but the kids sure liked it.

Along with lunch I gave Dylan her next toy...a Strawberry Shortcake puzzle. If you saw from the first birthday post, Dylan loves puzzles. It's been a favorite during quiet time...both for Dylan and for me. As long as she has her Mickey Mouse puzzle, she's content and quiet. Her puzzle was only 25 pieces and and for ages 3 and up. But she's gotten so good at it, there's barely any challenge. I found a Strawberry Shortcake one at the dollar store that had 63 pieces and was for ages 5 and up. The pieces were smaller, and there were lots more of them, but Dylan wanted to try it immediately.



We sat down with the puzzle after putting Isaac to bed, and I'm simply amazed at the patience Dylan has. She has no patience for me trying to teach her something, or me helping her with her homework, but she has all the patience in the world for putting a puzzle together. I helped her some by pointing out things to look for or how to figure out where some pieces might go, but not a whole lot. She sat and worked on that puzzle for about 40 minutes. But she did it. All of it. And she immediately wanted to take it apart and do it again. Instead, we crumbled it up, put it in the box and trotted off (happily!) to quiet time so she could put her puzzle together in her room.









This toy was a winner! I may have to go buy a couple more $1 puzzles for her.

3 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Wow, I'm impressed with her puzzle skills. I'll have to buy those dollar puzzles one day, Gabs needs some practice!

MomSmoo said...

WOW -- see I told you. She is crazy smart! Lane has a thomas 25 piece puzzle that takes some help. Although now I have to check with school and see what kinds of puzzles he does there. I know he does a lot.

Looks like she had a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

Nicole! So fun to hear from you. Your kids are darling! And what a whiz with the puzzles!

Glad to see you so well and happy. I'll be checking in again!