I read this post by Shanen and thought it was the oddest thing I had ever read. And then to read that all three of her kids took their diapers off was so strange to me. But the fact that duct tape came to her mind to fix the problem just about put me over the edge. I had to leave a comment for her.
And this is what I wrote:
Okay, that totally cracks me up. Dylan took her diaper off for about a week, then it was over. And not once did I ever think of using any sort of tape to keep them on. Never! That is so funny. (edited to fix my grammar errors)
I later found out that another sister did the same thing. Like I said, I never had this problem with Dylan. I think her diaper came off a total of three times over the course of a week. Then she was fine.
The other day when Todd came home from work, he walked into Isaac's room because he was still sleeping. He came back to our room and told me to take the camera and go look at our son. I had no idea why I needed the camera. I assumed it was just a sweet shot of a sleeping boy.
You know what it means to assume, right?
Here is what I saw:
Note: all other pictures were a little more graphic than I'd like to share :)
The first thing I thought was "Oh no, he's going to be like Kruz and take his diaper off and I'm going to have to eat my words and keep it duct taped on."Thankfully, this event has been a one time deal thus far, and I'm hoping to keep it that way.
2 comments:
You both better saying your prayers if you think this will only happen once. I am now on round 2 with Kruz and I hear him say "potty mom" and by the time I get to him his diaper is off and he is already sitting on the toilet. He has yet to go in the toilet, unless his ONE FALL IN counts. And no camera to document it. Sad.
Too funny! Surest way to shoot yourself in the foot is to say "My child will never...." You're such a cute Mommy. Hang in there! This too shall pass (and then you get to blackmail your kids with this info when they're older;-)
Post a Comment