Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Interview

Whit found this fun interview and I decided I'd give it a shot. Sorry Whit, it's taken a while to get this up here.

The rules: Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.” I will respond by emailing you or leaving a comment with five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don’t have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1) What is the biggest mistake you have made as a mom?

I only get to choose one? I feel like I make mistakes daily with my kids, but I try to learn from them and not do it again. Both kids are such happy, low-maintenance children. They always have been. I think what I regret most or what I'm trying to change is how easy it is to just forget about them. Doesn't that sound awful? Not really forget about them, but not give them the attention they deserve. Both of them play so well independantly it allows me to do other things and I don't spend the quality time with them that I should. Again though, I'm trying to change that.


2) With all the celebrity news on Brit (nudity, giving her sons alcohol, keeping them up late), do you think she should keep custody of her kids? When do you think a mom/dad should lose custody?

To be honest, I really haven't heard that much about Brit. I know there is a custody battle, but beyond that, I don't know any details. I think it's beneficial for kids to have both parents in their lives. Of course there are circumstances when that shouldn't be the case, but to me, that should be only when there is some sort of physical or sexual abuse.


3) You have 4 sisters. Growing up did you want to have a big family of your own? How has that changed (or not) since having kids.

I definitely didn't want a big family growing up. I don't think the size of my family ever played a role in that though. I just knew that if I had kids, I'd only want a couple. As I got older I always said I'd like to have three or four kids. Todd always wanted two or three so we thought three was a great number. Now that we have Dylan and Isaac and they are so close in age, we are pretty happy with two. We aren't ruling out the possibility of a third one yet, but we're close.


4) What kind of grown-up did you want to be as a child, and are you the person you thought you would be?

It's funny, growing up I always wanted to live and work in NYC. Always. My mom thought I should be a lawyer because of my strong opinions and my argumentative nature, but when I went off to college I was so sure I would major in International Business and minor in Spanish. Oh, how things change! I just wanted to live in a big city and in a fast-paced world, instead I'm living in Arizona, married and a stay-at-home mom of two. I love my life now, but it's nothing like I hoped it would be when I was younger.


5) What is your favorite cartoon character and why?

My favorite cartoon character? This question is such a change of pace from the last ones! I have always loved Rafiki from The Lion King. I think it was his colorful bottom and his wacky way with words. Does he count as a cartoon character?

4 comments:

Jamie C. said...

I hope this post means that you are feeling better! It was fun reading your answers, things I didn't even know. Like NYC! WOW. Ok, "interview me" but no political questions, I don't want to come across as stupid. But I probably already have with that comment. Whoops.

Bryn said...

Oh man! Do I dare??? Let me think about it, ok, interview me! But like Jamie...go easy on me!!

MomSmoo said...

sounds like I am living your dream life... we can switch for a while! =)

And I think the cartoon character thing says a lot about a person!! Pepe LaPew is my favorite -- because he stinks and doesn't know it, so doesn't worry about it. Reminds me that what others think about me means nothing -- only what I think of myself.

Shanen said...

OK I'll take the challenge, but I reserve the right to "tweak" the questions if I don't like them. =)