Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Long Night... (Updated)

Means a long day.

I should start by saying, I had a splitting headache all day yesterday. One of those headaches that don't go away and always get worse. One that hurts whether you sit up or lie down, take aspirin, drink caffeine or put pressure to the spot that hurts. It hurt so much I had a rough time falling asleep last night, but I finally did...at 10:30. (This being after I got in bed at 8:30.)

Then it all started at 12:21 am. I heard Dylan calling my name. I first thought (strike that, hoped) it was just her calling out in her sleep like she sometimes does, but when I heard her calling my name a few times, I knew she was awake. I got up and opened her door to find her standing there in her crib and she had thrown up everywhere. What a mess. And she was worried about her dirty diaper.

I changed her diaper and pajamas and took her in to lay with Todd while I cleaned up the mess. We then attempted to have Dylan sleep with us because I didn't have any more sheets or mattress pads for the crib. How can that be you ask? I have two kids in cribs you say. This is true, but Isaac had his stomach issues yesterday, except with him his mess was coming from the opposite end. Poor kid. Needless to say, there was nothing clean.

So after Dylan spent a long half hour with us I decided a towel was going down on the crib and we'd put her back to bed. She fell asleep without a hitch.

Fast forward to about 30 minutes ago. Todd kissed me goodbye on his way to work and I asked him to turn off Dylan's ceiling fan so she wouldn't get too cold. (I left her window open to air out the room.) I listen for Todd's car to leave like I always do, then decided it was time to go back to sleep. That's when I heard Dylan a second time. Not calling my name, but coughing and throwing up again. I got to her room fast and was able to keep most of the mess contained, and again, Dylan wasn't worried about what had just happened, she just wanted me to hold her and rock in the rocking chair.

So now we are camping on the floor in the front room. Dylan on a blanket, me on the floor and a blanket over us. She doesn't want to go back to her room, and who could blame her?

I'm sure this means I'm in for a long day. Here's to hoping both my kids feel better soon.

UPDATE:

About ten minutes after posting this Isaac woke up. He had gone through another diaper. As I was changing him (and listening to his gut-wrenching screams) I heard Dylan in the front room, throwing up again. So, it was just after 5 am, everyone was awake and we turned on some Baby Einstein to keep us all calm.

Luckily I put both the kids back to bed at about 7:15 and got a little more sleep myself. We'll see how it goes from here.

6 comments:

MomSmoo said...

Oh wow!!! That sucks. I hate stomach bugs (maybe that is what you had on the trip back). Hopefully it is swift moving and outta your house soon. XOXO to you all.

Bryn said...

I'm really good at care packages. I bring soup, saltines, gatoraide, and trail mix. Don't ask me what the trail mix is all about...I just do. I'm just a phone call away!

-Bailey said...

She's a trooper. I came home early from work yesterday to find the kids asleep and dirty sheets already in the dryer. Nicole was pretty sick but still took care of business. Kids look like they are on the road to recovery but Nicole is still pretty ill. We had a pretty quiet night (only one interruption at midnight) and we've got a relief baby sitter coming over (Thanks Mom) so hopefully Nicole will feel better this morning.

Jamie C. said...

Oh, the yuckies are the worst, especially if the mom is feeling them too! I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. At least it didn't interrupt birthdays and disneyland though! Feel better soon.

Shanen said...

I just finally got around to checking blogs today and didn't even know you guys were sick. We have been out of the loop here also. Kylee has been sick since Friday night and hopefully going to school tomorrow. Josh stayed home today because Kobi got sick last night and I am staying home tomorrow with Kobi. I feel your pain, except Josh and I aren't sick yet...

Becca said...

How true is that title!!!We had a long night last night and I am so dragging today!!! Hey thanks for letting my visit your blog!!!!