Last night, we loaded up the kids to go to Home Depot with the intention of buying paint and a power tool.
This is my first power tool. Since marrying Todd, most tools we own came with him. But then again, I didn't really care because I don't ever use tools. Ever.
I'm not what you'd call handy or crafty. So lately I've determined that it's time for me to stop being scared to try simple home improvement/decorating projects and I'd start by sanding and refinishing a sofa table we have in the basement.
So, my first power tool purchase was an electric sander! Yeah me! I must admit that Todd actually picked it out, that neither of us did any research on the sander we should buy, and that I probably wouldn't know a good electric sander if it hit me in the face.
But that's beside the point. I am now the proud owner of an electric sander!
Once we got home I couldn't wait to get the kids in bed so I could try out my new toy. By 8:00 I was downstairs getting ready to sand my first piece of furniture but first I had to figure out how to put it all together and make it work. Todd said it was mine and it was up to me to put it together and get the job done.
So I did.
I set it all up, put the sand paper on, plugged it in and got to work. Two hours later I had a sanded, painted sofa table. Not perfect, but hey, it was my first attempt. I'm bound to get better.
Not a bad choice for my first power tool if I do say so myself..

3 comments:
Nice job, where is it going? and where is that purple rug at? I don't remember that.
That's awesome! Hopefully you bought some protective eyewear as well...i want to make sure my big sis is safe!! Great job!! Let me know if you need help destressing or staining and varnishing. It looks great!
An electric sander was my first power tool too!! Used it while repainting my old apartment.
We have no idea where that sad little tool resides now.
Post a Comment