I thought I would write a few things I remember about my labor and delivery two years ago.
- I remember hearing, more than feeling, my water break after having dinner at Jenn and Dwains house. Jenn had to tell Todd to get up to take me home.
- My contractions were about 3 minutes apart and about 45 seconds long at this point.
- On our way to the hospital, I had to tell Todd (twice!) to pull over because I had to throw up. (try doing so while 9 months pregnant, and holding on to the car handle so you miss the car completely. Not easy.)
- I went into labor two days before I was scheduled to be induced, which also happened to be September 11. All throughout my pregnancy, I said I didn't want this baby born on September 11th. I knew that she wouldn't be once I went into labor so late in the evening.
- I got my epidural immediately upon arriving in my room.
- I slept most of the night, but woke up at about 11 and wondered why Todd was on the phone. Apparently he was watching some Sunday evening sports talk show and called in to try and win something. I heard him giving out his name and address because he did win. Hello, did he forget his wife was in labor with their first child??? By the way, he won a Johnny Unitas figurine that sits on Dylan's shelf.
- At about 4:45 am I was feeling a little bit of pressure and discomfort, so Todd said to take another hit of my epidural. I misunderstood and called for my nurse. Good thing because I was about ready to push.
- My parents arrive within 25 minutes of getting the phone call from Todd that it was time (they live about 20 minutes away from the hospital) and they came in and talked to us for a few minutes before we were ready to go.
- My doctor didn't start his work day until 6, so we tried to wait for him.
- He walked in the door at 6:15, I pushed through two contractions, and Dylan was born at 6:20am, September 12th at an even 8 pounds and 20 inches long.
Dylan has been nothing but fun since arriving in our house. She was a great baby (sleeping through the night at 5 weeks, eating without problems, happy) and she's a wonderful toddler. She loves her brother and it's so fun to watch them play with each other every day.
Dylan is 2!
- Two loving
- Two sweet
- Two funny
- Two happy
- Two exciting
- Two talkative
- Two fun
- Two energetic
- Two adorable
- Two exasperating
- Two incredible
- Two entertaining
- Two enjoyable
- and Two cute for words
2 comments:
What an adorable post!! She is such a fun girl! We love seeing you guys. We're sorry we can't be there tonight to help celebrate! Happy Birthday Dylan!
Cute post. Can you believe it has been two years? It is always fun to remind ourselves about those "birth"days. You will be glad you did.
Post a Comment