Monday, August 31, 2009

My Shopping List

Today as I walked into the kitchen, I found Dylan sitting at the table, pen in hand writing on a pad of paper. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was making me a shopping list.

I asked her what was on my list and she told me the one and only thing she'd written: Cheetos. Yum!

She asked me what else we needed from the grocery store, and I asked her to let me know what she thought we needed. Together we started my shopping list. As we came up with each item she asked me how to spell the word and wrote them very carefully.

Here is our short list:



If you can't read it (which, in my opinion, each of you should be able to) here is what our list consists of:

Cheetos
yogurt
tortillas
milk
vitamins
ice cream

Considering the girl has only learned to write the first three letters of the alphabet at school (and her name) it's not bad for a soon to be 4 year old.

2 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Next time you're shopping somewhere and you need Dylan to stay in the stroller or cart, have her write a shopping list for you. It's my favorite trick to pack a pen and paper and spell words for Gabs to keep her busy. Works like a charm. Way to go Dylan and on your letters! I could totally read them-except for tortilla ;)
Love you!

Cheryl said...

Good to see that she can prioritize the finer foods in life. Cheetos are are always tops on my list too!