Yesterday was Dylan's first day of school. Man is she growing up! She's going to the same school she went to last year and she was really looking forward to starting again.She got up early, got dressed early, ate breakfast early and was ready to go early. I, on the other hand, was running late. We got a few "First Day of School" pictures taken and were heading out the door when I remembered I hadn't packed a water bottle for her. I turned around headed for the kitchen mentioning I needed to get Dylan some water, when she informed me (with quite a matter of fact attitude, I might add) that she had already gotten her water bottle, filled it up and put it in her backpack.
As we drove to school she asked me if I was coming in with her, and I told her that yes, in fact, I was. She was not so happy about that. In fact, she asked me specifically not to. I told her I would walk her in, snap a few pictures and leave just as quickly as I came. She finally agreed that it would be okay as long as I left quickly.
We got to school, and instead of holding my hand up the walk to her class, she ran ahead of me, swung open the door, put her backpack and homework where they belonged and sat down at her table and got to work. Obviously she remembered the routine and was ready to get back to it.

As promised, I took a few pictures said goodbye and left. And she didn't even turn around to say goodbye. And truth be told, I'm not even sure she actually said goodbye. I didn't exactly hear it.Two hours later I picked her up and she was all smiles. It was a great first day and she was thrilled to hear she would be going back again only two days later.
It's going to be a good year.
5 comments:
pretty, pretty dylan. she looks like she loves school! and her first day of school outfit look perfect. :)
Her little shirt is so cute, and I bet she was thrilled to be back. You will have a nice year. Yahoo
Big day! My little kindergartner started yesterday too. The other kids start on Monday... wow! I will have quiet afternoons! Jill and I were saying we need to have a "celebratory" lunch of sorts on Monday... give me a call!
Yeah, glad she enjoyed herself. I do feel for you. It's amazing that they can go from needing us Mommies for everything to not wanting us around in a matter of months. *sigh*
how fun that she gets to go more often this year! it sure looks like she loves it and she looks precious in her first day of school outfit!
Post a Comment