I should have known. Or at least have expected it. Let me tell you a story...
A few months ago Dylan and two of her friends started getting together each week for a play date. We rotate homes, feed the kids lunch and let them play for a few hours. This is so fun for a few reasons. First, the girls learn to play and share and start making lasting friendships. But also, we moms get one precious day a week where we only have our little boys with us. It's perfect mommy-son date time. Ironically, all three girls are the oldest, and all three have those pesky little brothers.
This morning, as we prepared to welcome two more three year old girls into our home, we made a quick dash to Michael's for some crafty inspiration. On our way Dylan started this conversation with me:
Dylan: "Mom, when we get home can you lock Isaac in his room with a package of fruit snacks?"
Me: "Umm, no."
D: "But mom, I don't want Isaac to be out of his room when my friends come over. I don't want him to bug them."
Me: "How do you know Isaac will bug them? He might play really nicely with all of you."
D: "He's my little brother. He always bugs us."
I just shook my head and laughed thinking that Isaac, at two years old, is already bugging his older sister and her friends. Then I chuckled even more thinking of all that Dylan and her friends are in store for when this little brother starts bringing over friends of his own.
As I was laughing, Dylan started up another conversation with Isaac.
D: "Isaac do you promise not to bug my friends?"
I: "Uh huh."
D: "Does uh huh mean yes you will bug us or yes you won't bug us?"
I: "Uh huh."
D: "You won't bug us?"
I: "Yes."
D: "Okay, thanks big boy."
I'm guessing all will be well, until Isaac starts bugging the girls. Then we'll see how quickly they request he be locked in his room with fruit snacks and water.
4 comments:
At least she thought of his food needs and was willing to let him be locked in with fruit snacks! Cute girl. Suprisingly we haven't had the "lock Gwen in our room" problem over here. Hopefully Isaac was a gentlemenly little brother and everyone had a great time!
That is the funnest story! You will all love looking back on that conversation and see how it has come to pass in many ways throughout their lives!! Dylan is so smart...watch out for that one! Too smart for her own good! I hope we see you guys soon!
Hi Nichole- Thanks for commenting on my blog! Its fun to see old North Stake names pop of from all over the states now a days!
To answer your question, I will post about my craft area- you'd be surprised though- its basically a desk and a closet. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done!
I agree with Jamie, at least she gave him food and water. Mine are 3 and 1, so I'm sure we'll have problems like that in the future. How did it go?
Post a Comment